Intention of built-in HTML templates in KAY

Prateek Malhotra

Mar 22, 2012, 2:19:23 PM3/22/12
to kay-...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping to get clarification of the intention for the HTML templates bundled with KAY. Specifically in the auth module. I understand these may be here for convenience and we can directly modify the source of the HTML templates to customize the look/feel of the login page, however, modifying any part of the framework source files seems like a bad road to go down.

Is there a different/better way to tell KAY which templates to load the login page from? I can always make my own login logic so that way an update to KAY would be a drop-in replacement without having to worry about backing up and restoring my customized template files. I would much rather leverage the built-in KAY code though since the code is pretty much identical except for which templates get loaded and the context in which they're referenced.

Thank you,
Prateek

Paolo Casciello

Mar 23, 2012, 5:57:29 AM3/23/12
to kay-...@googlegroups.com
I agree this is a thing to fix in future releases.