Querying local copy

Dongjo Ban

Jun 24, 2018, 3:07:34 PM6/24/18
to Kaviar-discuss
Hi,

Below are the list of names of Perl scripts from Supplemental Table 3 of the Kaviar paper. From what I was able to find, only KaviarWebService.pl seems to be publicly available.

- Kaviar.pl
- remoteKaviar.pl
- queryKaviar.pl
- simpleKaviar.pl
- pipeKaviar.pl
- KaviarWebService.pl
- testKaviar.pl
- Kaviar.pm

I'd like to speed up the query time for larger input files and would like to examine how you guys had setup the local query via queryKaviar.pl.

Are these still accessible or have they gone offline for a reason?

Thank you.

Best,
Dongjo

Gustavo Glusman

Jun 25, 2018, 8:58:26 PM6/25/18
to Dongjo Ban, Kaviar-discuss
Most of those scripts make sense only for accessing the original Kaviar db format - a very non-standard binary format. At some point we stopped distributing that, releasing instead the VCFs, which can be accessed using standard tools.
I can post the scripts again but I'm not sure how useful they'll be.