Kera Suraksha Coconut Climbing Machine

Dr Gunasekar Thangaraju

Feb 24, 2011, 7:05:56 AM2/24/11
to kasang...@googlegroups.com

Dear kasangadu.com  users,

I am taking the liberty of sharing this interesting article regarding coconut climbing machine.

It was designed and assembled by Kerala agricultural university.

As we all know the agriculture industry has almost vanished due to lack of research and development, I think this will give some hope for agricultural industry.

This machine will be useful for the people claim up the trees without any health and safety procedures.

http://www.hindu.com/2011/01/27/stories/2011012751800300.htm

The things that needs addressing are durability, safety, helmets etc.

I am not sure whether   this machine is still in trial or in practical use.

May be someone has to explore it detail, so that we can use this machine in our region.

I feel this machine should be power assisted with some rechargble batteries.

Thanks 4 u r time.

Cheers,

Gunasekar