Upcoming talks: trace-args/ret at LPC and vock coverage tool at LSS 26

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Yunseong Kim

unread,
Oct 4, 2026, 2:21:06 PM (10 hours ago) Oct 4
to syzk...@googlegroups.com, kasa...@googlegroups.com, Yunseong Kim
Hi all,

I'd like to briefly share two topics I'll be presenting at LPC/LSS 26 in Prague
next week.

1. -fsanitize-coverage=trace-args/ret

I recently proposed an LLVM RFC for tracing function arguments and return
values through SanitizerCoverage. I'll introduce the idea and discuss its
integration in the Linux kernel in the last Toolchains track slot tomorrow at
LPC 2026, October 5 at 17:45.

https://lpc.events/event/20/contributions/2402/

2. vock: sequential kernel coverage with KCOV and hardware tracing

vock is a coverage tool I've been working on that can collect sequential kernel
coverage using either KCOV or a hardware trace buffer.

Here is the output from the vock:

- https://gist.github.com/yskzalloc/c1197acba2a5423bc2066798b3cddbb0#file-kcov-log
- https://gist.github.com/yskzalloc/c1197acba2a5423bc2066798b3cddbb0#file-intel-pt-log
- https://gist.github.com/yskzalloc/c1197acba2a5423bc2066798b3cddbb0#file-amd-lbr-log

I recently added syzlang interpretation support, which I successfully used to
reproduce kernel crashes.

The project originally started as a way to build a better syzkaller harness for
smbclient, but I think it could also be useful for kernel attack-surface analysis
and broader kernel research. I'll introduce it at LSS 2026 on October 8 at 16:05.

https://lsseu2026.sched.com/event/2QmUR/vock-mapping-kernel-attack-surface-with-zero-configuration-coverage-yunseong-kim-ericsson-software-technology

If you're attending LPC/LSS 26, interested in either topic, I'd be very
happy to discuss them and get feedback.

Thanks,
Yunseong
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages