A talk about Hardware Tag-Based KASAN

Andrey Konovalov

Oct 6, 2021, 6:47:29 PM10/6/21
to kasan-dev
Hi,

Here's a talk about the Hardware Tag-Based KASAN mode I gave at the
Linux Security Summit last week:

Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IpICtHR1T3oHka858cx1dSNRu2XcT79-RCRPgzCuiRk/edit?usp=sharing
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwMt0e_dC_Q

In the talk, I introduce the concept of memory tagging, describe Arm
Memory Tagging Extension, and then show how memory tagging is
integrated into the kernel in the form of a new KASAN mode. The talk
will be useful for anyone who is trying to figure out how Hardware
Tag-Based KASAN works.

If you get a chance - check out the video. I tried to move away from
the pattern of recording through a webcam, and instead recorded
outside at a few scenic places. This was my first time shooting an
outdoors video with proper equipment, so it's not perfect, but I hope
it turned out alright :)

Thanks!