tmux config for bitbake HOME in kas-container

Jörg Sommer

Jun 4, 2024, 8:09:11 AMJun 4
to kas-devel
Hi,

Yocto uses tmux for devshell and menuconfig of linux-yocto and busybox. Is
it possible to add a `~/.tmux.conf` for the bitbake HOME in a kas-container
to customise tmux?

Regards Jörg

Jan Kiszka

Jun 10, 2024, 5:46:33 PMJun 10
to Jörg Sommer, kas-devel
You can pass --preserve-env to the 'shell' command, then you should have
also that ~/.tmux.conf still in place.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Technology
Linux Expert Center

Jörg Sommer

Jun 13, 2024, 12:17:02 PMJun 13
to Jan Kiszka, kas-devel
Jan Kiszka schrieb am Mo 10. Jun, 23:46 (GMT):
> On 04.06.24 14:09, 'Jörg Sommer' via kas-devel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yocto uses tmux for devshell and menuconfig of linux-yocto and busybox. Is
> > it possible to add a `~/.tmux.conf` for the bitbake HOME in a kas-container
> > to customise tmux?
>
> You can pass --preserve-env to the 'shell' command, then you should have
> also that ~/.tmux.conf still in place.

Should I run

```
% ./kas-container shell --preserve-env
kas-container: Error: --preserve-env is not supported with kas-container
```

My current command is

```
./kas-container --target virtual/kernel -c menuconfig
```

Jörg

Jan Kiszka

Jun 13, 2024, 12:36:39 PMJun 13
to Jörg Sommer, kas-devel
Right, --preserve-env is inherently limited to non-container starts.

For the container case, you could mount your host version like this:

kas-container --runtime-args "-v $HOME/.tmux.conf:/etc/tmux.conf:ro" ...

If this turns out to be a common case, we can consider expanding
kas-container.