Fw: August 10 - Daily Feast

1 view

Judi Armbruster

Aug 11, 2012, 8:15:31 AM8/11/12
to karuknews

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Daily...@gmail.com" <Daily...@gmail.com>
To: Daily...@gmail.com
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 2:16 PM
Subject: August 10 - Daily Feast

August 10 - Daily Feast

Warm August evenings afford us a view of the honey-slow movements of summer, go gi, in Cherokee. Cattle graze peacefully across meadows and the mockingbird that lives at the top of the mulberry tree sings the songs of other birds with great mimicry. The sky is streaked with vapor trails from jets still caught in the last rays of sunlight, just before a smudgy darkness settles over the horizon. Clouds, the kind and artist strives to paint, change colors before our eyes and sweep the western sky. It is the best time to escape the daytime heat and walk along the feed road that winds through the meadows. Tall sunflowers nod in a sudden cool breeze and the white fluff of milkweed carries across the fence row. This is, to hi dv - the peace - u ne la nv hi, the peace of God that passes all understanding.

~ Might I behold thee, Might I know thee, Might I consider thee, Might I understand thee, O Lord of the universe. ~

INCA SONG

Elder's Meditation of the Day August 10

"Nature is the storehouse of potential life of future generations and is sacred."

--Audrey Shenandoah, ONONDAGA

We need to honor and respect our Mother Earth. She is the source of all life. The sun shines life to the earth, then the earth produces life in all forms and in a balanced way. Everything is here to serve everything else. If we interrupt the flow in any way, we leave nothing for the future generations. Before every decision is made, we should ask, and answer, a final question, "If we do this, what will be the effects on the seventh generation? What will we cause our children to live with?" We need to have respect and love for all things and for all people. We need to do this for ourselves and for all the children still unborn.

My Creator, let me look at nature today and let me have the highest respect for all the things I see. All the two legged, the four legged, the winged ones, the plants, the water, the air, the Mother Earth. Let me have respect for myself.

'THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

At times, Americans seem too easily taken, too docile to political movements, and too indifferent to their own responsibilities as a free people. How easy it is to turn our heads and tell ourselves that there are intelligent people in high authority looking after our interests and that they will never let our freedom be lost. This kind of thinking is a fallacy. America still belongs to the people, and it is up to us to tell our representatives in Washington that we want it kept that way.

We are too easily led to believe that we deserve a way of life that appears free and easy. But seemingly free handouts will eventually take away our freedom unless we decide to personally do something about it.

Americans are known for their ability to start with a little ingenuity and a lot of faith to build powerful financial empires. But in great and small there beats a heart of devotion to God and country. In battle, no one could display more bravery, more determination, or more loyalty than these defenders of America. In the face of seeming defeat, young Americans have stood together and fought courageously.

Now, people of all ages must stand together. We must make our views known to the government. We must continually develop within ourselves moral, physical, and spiritual strength; and we must pray to God - without that faith, all is lost.

Available online! 'Cherokee Feast of Days'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler.

Visit her web site to purchase the wonderful books by Joyce as gifts for yourself or for loved ones......and also for those who don't have access to the Internet:
http://www.hifler.com
Click Here to Buy her books at Amazon.com

Elder's Meditation of the Day
By White Bison, Inc., an American Indian-owned nonprofit organization. Order their many products from their web site:
http://www.whitebison.org

Spear-Friday.gif
Horse1bar.jpg