Fw: August 11 - Daily Feast

Judi Armbruster

Aug 11, 2012, 2:16:29 PM8/11/12
to karuknews

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Daily...@gmail.com" <Daily...@gmail.com>
To: Daily...@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:21 AM
Subject: August 11 - Daily Feast

August 11 - Daily Feast

At some point, all of us stand at a crucial fork in the road and decide which way we will go. When we stand firm in what we know is right, we can make the decision with confidence. We love that person who can stand at ease when everything threatens to go downhill. He not only looks like he can fight - which the Cherokee calls, a la s di, but he is wearing an invisible armor of faith that makes him invincible. When we have chosen the right road and we are ready to do battle, a way is made where there has been no way. Our feet are set to go, and when we reach that crucial spot, we mark the road for those who follow.

~ Teach us the road to travel, and we will not depart from it forever. ~

SATANK

Elder's Meditation of the Day August 11

"May there be peace when we meet."

--Audrey Shenandoah, ONONDAGA

The Elders tell us the greatest gift we can seek is peace of mind, to walk in balance, to respect all things. For us to do this, we must have peace within ourselves and peace within ourselves cannot come unless we are walking the path the Creator would have us walk. Sometimes the tests on this path are difficult, but we know that each test makes us stronger.

Oh Great Spirit, I ask You to whisper Your wisdom in my heart. You are the only one who knows the secret to peaceful living and the mystery of harmony. Teach me of Your peace, understanding and balance and guide me onto your good path.

'THINK on THESE THINGS'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Have you ever stood on the sidelines and watched the drama of your own difficulties being acted out in someone else's life? Does it provoke a feeling of gratitude that here I will witness something that will help me solve my own problems? Or does it invite a feeling of smugness that they were not so capable of hiding theirs as I have been of concealing mine.

Hiding one's difficulties can be compared to concealing an elephant. The only possible way to keep it a secret would be to keep it from those who could care less in the first place. If they were face to face with your elephant they would register little surprise and proceed immediately to forget it.

If fact, there is considerable danger in looking down on those who are trying to get their lives on the right track. At least they have the intestinal fortitude to try. And to pretend that one has nothing to overcome is merely polishing the front glass while the back door falls away.

Smugness or compassion? It was Cowper who reminded us, "Man may dismiss compassion from his heart, but God will never."

Available online! 'Cherokee Feast of Days'
By Joyce Sequichie Hifler.

Visit her web site to purchase the wonderful books by Joyce as gifts for yourself or for loved ones......and also for those who don't have access to the Internet:
http://www.hifler.com
Click Here to Buy her books at Amazon.com

Elder's Meditation of the Day
By White Bison, Inc., an American Indian-owned nonprofit organization. Order their many products from their web site:
http://www.whitebison.org

Spear-Saturday.gif
Horse1bar.jpg