WarpStitch Ultra doesn't show up in Davinci 18.6.2

Schlosspark Forever

Nov 17, 2023, 5:07:47 AM11/17/23
to Kartaverse
Thanks Andrew for your spectacular work. I do have a problem though.

I have installed WarpStitch Ultra, but it doesn't show up in Davinci 18.6.2. Reframe360 Ultra does work though.

Am I missing something?

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 11.02.03.png

Schlosspark Forever

Nov 17, 2023, 11:07:42 AM11/17/23
to Kartaverse
I could access it directly in Fusion now - so it works. But it only converts fisheye into equirectangular.

Could anybody tell me how to convert DUAL fisheye into equirectangular format with KartaVR?

Andrew Hazelden

Nov 17, 2023, 8:41:47 PM11/17/23
to Kartaverse
Hi Schlosspark Forever.

There are early access versions of new Kartaverse fuses and comp examples available in the Reactor "Kartaverse > KartaVP" category. These tools help with dual fisheye stereo 3D and 180VR/360VR media processing in the BMD Resolve Fusion page,  Fusion Studio, and Fusion Render Node software.

These DCTL fuse based tools are new additions to Kartaverse that are still being improved and refined even as I type this reply. In time, these dual fisheye optimized nodes will likely find their way to exist in both the Resolve Edit and Color pages via fragment shader code that is re-written to operate as native "DCTL" nodes. I am still in the process of mastering Color page based DCTL coding techniques, which is a new thing for me to learn... It is a personal goal to provide the best experience I can for Resolve users.

The new dual fisheye centric stereo 3D image processing nodes to look for the Reactor "KartaVP" category are called:
  • kvrCropStereo
  • kvrGrade
  • kvrLens
  • kvrViewer
Here are YouTube videos that show some of these new DCTL fuses at work:
YouTube | Kartaverse Viewer Node for Resolve/Fusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjjwLb80zDg

YouTube | Kartaverse kvrLensStereo Lens Distortion Correction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQRXX6SJ0Mw

Regards,
Andrew Hazelden
Kartaverse Developer

Schlosspark Forever

Nov 21, 2023, 12:36:20 PM11/21/23
to Kartaverse
Hey Andrew, great work and great that you keep on learning. So much help for so many of us.

I installed the KartaVP tools, but it seems in the kvrviewer, the 360 Option is not working on my dual fisheye 360 material (not stereo). See the attached picture, it still shows the black parts.

Do you have any other idea how I could convert my dual fisheye 360 material into equirectangular so I can use all your other tools?
Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 18.32.24.png