VR180 to de-warped 3D

Yin

May 24, 2024, 2:37:56 AMMay 24
to Kartaverse
Hi Kartaverse!

I'm using Canon R5C + dual fisheye lens to record VR180 videos, but I don't have meta quest or apple vision pro yet to playback the edited video. What I have is an Xreal air 2 pro AR glasses that I use to playback spatial/3D video recorded with my iPhone 15 pro and QooCam Ego through the Spatialify app.

What would be the workflow to edit VR180 video so that it can de-warp and reframe in a way similar to editing 360 video and output as Apple spatial video or at least a side by side de-warped video in Davinci Resolve?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Hazelden

May 24, 2024, 10:44:09 AMMay 24
to Kartaverse
Hi Yin.

Mike Swanson's blog has a lot of useful information about spatial video on the Apple Vision Pro.

Hugh Hou has videos on his YouTube channel that cover spatial video workflows with the Apple Vision Pro including video encoding, and playback apps. He also has a Canon 180VR post-production in DaVinci Resolve video that uses the Kartaverse tools with an approach called an "ST map" to warp the Canon dual fisheye imagery into 180VR side by side output.

Regards,
Andrew Hazelden
Kartaverse Developer