Kartaverse Valkyrie Engine | Next-Generation OmniStereo 360-3D Stitching for Virtual Production

Andrew Hazelden

Nov 4, 2023, 5:35:29 AM11/4/23
to Kartaverse
Hi Everyone.

Here is an initial copy of the new Kartaverse 6 project roadmap for early 2024.

The PDF document below outlines the technical details of a "Kartaverse Valkyrie Engine" offering. It is a plan to start building an open-source, LGPL licensed, next-generation image processing and 360° video stitching pipeline that would be optimized for ultra-high resolution multi-display omni-stereo 3D video output.

https://andrewhazelden.com/projects/kartaverse/downloads/valkyrie/Kartaverse-Valkyrie.pdf

Included below is a glimpse of the Reactor Package Manager based atom package description for the (currently very early-pre-alpha WIP) Kartaverse 6 for Resolve/Fusion implementation of Valkyrie that will work with the Steakunderwater Reactor v4 package manager in the future.

Needless to say, I'm really excited about this little "Valkyrie" skunkworks project.

I want to try and use this open-source R&D project to redefine what an efficient 360VR post-production pipeline might look in 2024 using the best tools and techniques available to a developer, on the open-web. Inside of the Fusion page, this redesigned XR post workflow would include the use of Vonk Ultra data nodes to help optimize the node graph for overall performance, throughput, and XPU based distributed rendering efficiency. Exciting stuff.

WIP Kartaverse Valkyrie Reactor Atom Package.png

Additionally, a very recent effort to start from page one on creating (and porting) a new "Kartaverse 6 for Assimilate LiveFX" toolset is a big thing for me as an indie tools developer. This was made possible with the backing and support of Assimilate and the kind assistance of Maze Aderhold and Peter Husima. Thanks guys! I owe you a large debt of gratitude. My hope is that Kartaverse running inside of LiveFX will allow 180VR/360VR centric on-set DIT workflows to be further enhanced with better real-time HMD centric previews. This is part of the motivation to re-make all of the core Kartaverse tools into modernized hardware accelerated GPU fragment shader code.

Cheers,
Andrew Hazelden
Kartaverse 6 Developer

Andrew Hazelden

Nov 11, 2023, 9:30:14 AM11/11/23
to Kartaverse
As a followup, this is where I'm at R&D wise for Kartaverse 6 next-gen replacement tech for a concept with the capacity to (eventually) displace all current conventional 180VR, 360VR, and volumetric video stitching pipelines:

Google Docs | Kartaverse | Raytraced Volumetric Video Stitching
Guided Bidirectional Pathtracing for XR and VP

You might enjoy some of the operational concepts as it more closely ties into optics, light rays, physics, and science than most current 180VR/360VR stitching workflows today are.

Cheers,
Andrew Hazelden
Kartaverse Developer