Issues with Karrigell- Apache-3.1.1 on Ubuntu 10.04

01ivier

Sep 17, 2011, 10:21:20 AM9/17/11
to karrigell
Here is what I've done to install Karrigell-Apache-3.1.1 on a fresh
Ubuntu 10.04

- sudo apt-get install apache2
--> The server works
- sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-wsgi
--> The module is installed and loaded

Then I edit /etc/apache2/sites-available/default to comment line 16
and add line 17 :
(On this exemple I've put the Karrigell folder in /var/www but the
issues are the same everywhere)
- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -

"
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /var/www
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

# ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/Karrigell-Apache-3.1.1/karrigell/
apache/mod_wsgi/wsgi.py
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

# alert, emerg.
LogLevel warn

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
<Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>
"

At this point, if I try to reach localhost in a browser I get :

Internal Server Error

As the /var/log/apache2/error.log said :

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/www/Karrigell-
Apache-3.1.1/karrigell/apache/data/sessions'

I've tried a little :

chmod 777 -R on Karrigell-Apache-3.1.1

And I can see the Karrigell local homepage but :

- demos links work but there is no image
- doc links try to reach /usr/share/doc

Any ideas to get the homepage working (and, I hope, all Karrigell's
project)

Thanks

01ivier

Sep 17, 2011, 1:26:30 PM9/17/11
to karrigell
Well...

I've removed all this part from /etc/apache2/sites-available/default :

Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
<Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
</Directory>

And it's working... :-)
(And my project too... :-))

As I'm a total newbie in web administration, I really don't know if
it's very a bad thing to cut all the "Alias /doc" part.
But what I'm quite sure, it's that a 777 on Karrigell's folder is not
a good thing, no ? :-/

Could someone give me some advices, please ?
Maybe a better place than in /var/www/ ?

Thanks.

01ivier