2 karma git repositories

Peter Gijsels

Apr 26, 2010, 4:20:07 AM4/26/10
to Bryan Berry, karmajs
Hi Bryan,

I noticed a problem which is quite apparent from the outside, but
probably not when you are working with karma day-to-day.

There are currently two karma repositories:
1) http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/karma
2) http://git.olenepal.org/karma

1 is linked from http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Karma, and is the one
that you will most probably find if you are new to karma.
2 is the most up to date one, but almost impossible to find (I always
dig out one of the mails on the karmajs mailing list).

It would be nice if we had only one repository or if both repository
were regularly synced.

The i18n branch in 2: is it still needed or has everything been merged
to master? If it is no longer needed can it be removed?

Regards,
Peter

Bryan Berry

Apr 26, 2010, 4:23:23 AM4/26/10
to Peter Gijsels, karmajs
we should be using the one at git.olenepal.org

I will change the reference on the wiki

We need to make the copy over at git.sugarlabs.org read-only and set
up a cron job to copy the latest karma from git.olenepal.org to
git.sugarlabs.org. Unfortunately, I haven't had time for this.

> The i18n branch in 2: is it still needed or has everything been merged
> to master? If it is no longer needed can it be removed?

I also can't remember whether the i18n scripts in the i18n branch or
in master. I will have to take a look