translation help ?

roshan karki

May 12, 2010, 12:57:35 AM5/12/10
to knny...@gmail.com, karmajs
Hi Kenny Meyer,

I'm Roshan Karki from OLE Nepal. I've heard that you need help translating some Karma lessons to English. If so can you please give me the list of lessons you want translated and I'll try to find someone here to do so.

Regards,
Roshan Karki

Kenny Meyer

May 12, 2010, 1:08:56 PM5/12/10
to roshan karki, karmajs

Hello Roshan,

Nice to meet you.

> If so can you please give me the list of
> lessons you want translated and I'll try to find someone here to do so.

That's great!

Practically all HTML documents in almost all lessons need English translations
in some/most parts and there are 83 lessons at the time of writing.

I've attached a POT file which contains all strings from the index.html and
start.html of all lessons. Just skim through it and you'll see where
translation needs to be done. As you will see most Non-English words are
repetitive.

Would be great to at least see those in the index.html in English.

--
Regards,
Kenny Meyer | http://kenny.alwaysdata.net

lessons.pot
signature.asc

roshan karki

May 25, 2010, 1:01:24 AM5/25/10
to Kenny Meyer, karmajs
Hi kenny,

Sorry for the late reply. Most probably we'll be able to do translation this week. Few question though.

Do you want both English to Nepali and Nepali to English translation ?

There are some msgid with both English and Nepali strings. What should be done to it ? Translate English to Nepali part and vice versa ?

Regards,
Roshan Karki
Open Learning Exchange Nepal

Kenny Meyer

May 25, 2010, 8:28:48 AM5/25/10
to roshan karki, karmajs
Hi Roshan,

> Do you want both English to Nepali and Nepali to English translation.
Translating all the Nepali to English would be just great.

> There are some msgid with both English and Nepali strings. What should be
> done to it ? Translate English to Nepali part and vice versa ?

Well, it would great to have *both* the Nepali translations and the English
translation, but we need the English translations first so users can start
translating stuff using Pootle.
If you find the time and finish the Nepali translations, too, that would be
great anyway. :-)

Just send in the .po files.

--
Regards,
Kenny Meyer

signature.asc

roshan karki

Jun 2, 2010, 5:48:45 AM6/2/10
to Kenny Meyer, karmajs
Hi, I've attached  the translation. It is partially done. Please check if that's what you want before we do the rest of the translation.

lessons.po

Kenny Meyer

Jun 3, 2010, 10:01:26 AM6/3/10
to roshan karki, kar...@googlegroups.com

You can go on like that, Roshan.
I see you haven't touched some of the msgid's which contain both English and
Nepali. Are you unsure about them?

Just treat them as you already did before:

# lessons.po:
msgctxt "div"
msgid "Preposition को प्रयोग हुने प्रश्<200d>न सोध्ने र प्रश्<200d>नको उत्तर
msgstr "To ask questions about the use of Preposition and answer the questions"

--
Regards,
Kenny Meyer

signature.asc

roshan karki

Jun 4, 2010, 5:16:07 AM6/4/10
to Kenny Meyer, kar...@googlegroups.com, Rishav Adhikari
Hi,

Check the attachment for the completed translation. This was done by one of our intern here, Rishav

Regards,
Roshan Karki

iEYEARECAAYFAkwHtbYACgkQ+/8gJfVrobICIACgo6z1S5qZgZ7vQLXx1r1sW/Bj
9VMAn2oC+5tF1kJYS1ThKIV0tFt2RCgq
=l+DZ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

lessons.po