Re: Porting interactive modules to Karma

Bryan Berry

May 3, 2010, 3:43:03 AM5/3/10
to j...@openoffice.org, Peter Gijsels, Chris Rowe, francis...@gmail.com, karmajs
Alexandro,

I am aware of that bug. It is more of a bug w/ the testing suite than w/ SVG. I don't think you will find a problem w/ it in actual use.

The SVG tests pass on Chrome.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@openoffice.org> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Peter Gijsels <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@openoffice.org> wrote:
>> On 4/12/10, Peter Gijsels <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Chris, Alexandro,
>>>
>>> I will try my best to support you guys if you want to start using
>>> karma. I can't however promise that I will be able to spend lots of
>>> time on it, since I am currently working full-time at my day job.
>>
>> Is there developers that have done this modules with Karma, they could
>> help us build our first modules.
>
> I ported one lesson.
>

>>> You can clone the repository from:
>>> git://git.olenepal.org/karma/karma
>>>
>>> In the lessons subdirectory there are a number of example lessons that
>>> the team in Nepal ported from squeak. I think they are a good starting
>>> point to get a feel of what karma can do for you.
>>
>> Are there tutorials on how they ported those?
>
> I am not aware of any tutorials.
>
> Here are some blog post from bryan that might be helpful:
> Introduction to karma.js
> http://karmaeducation.org/2009/12/14/an-introduction-to-karma-js/

Hi I check out the test, and performed the QUnit test using
Firefox/3.6.3, I had some issues with SVG. Not sure if this is because
of the library or just something I did wrong while the test was
running.
Specifically these ones:
Karma_makeCollection svg load (1,3,4)
Karma_makeCollection localized svg load (1,2,3)

I have ran the demo without major issues AFAICT. I will keep running
these tests.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español

Bryan Berry

May 3, 2010, 4:10:50 AM5/3/10

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@openoffice.org> wrote:
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Bryan Berry <br...@olenepal.org> wrote:
> Alexandro,
> I am aware of that bug. It is more of a bug w/ the testing suite than w/
> SVG. I don't think you will find a problem w/ it in actual use.

ok thanks that's good to know.

> The SVG tests pass on Chrome.

Since you mentioned other browsers. What about Opera 10.2 (and other browsers)

Haven't tested Opera. I can tell you that they won't work on any version of IE because the lessons use .ogg files for audio.

Would like to test Opera but it is enough of a challenge to test and debug for Firefox and Chrome at this point