Unit Testing JavaScript in ASP.NET MVC with Jasmine and Karma

Narendra Meena

Oct 23, 2019, 5:08:16 PM10/23/19
to karma-users
I need answer posted on this

I am writing a sample ASP .NET MVC application, which has karma and requirejs to test the scripts. I see below error Uncaught (in promise) Error: No tests were run.

I see below error in command prompt Chrome 77.0.3865 (Windows 10.0.0): Executed 0 of 0 ERROR (0.012 secs / 0 secs)

Package.json

{
  "name": "karmawebapp",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "description": "test application for karma tests",
  "main": "index.js",
  "scripts": {
    "test": "karma start"
  },
  "author": "",
  "license": "ISC",
  "devDependencies": {
    "babel-core": "^6.26.3",
    "babel-preset-es2015": "^6.24.1",
    "karma": "^4.3.0",
    "karma-chrome-launcher": "^3.1.0",
    "karma-qunit": "^4.0.0",
    "karma-requirejs": "^1.1.0",
    "protractor": "^5.4.2",
    "qunit": "^2.9.3",
    "requirejs": "^2.3.6"
  }
}

My karma.conf.js

// Karma configuration
// Generated on Tue Oct 15 2019 13:51:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

module.exports = function(config) {
  config.set({

    // base path that will be used to resolve all patterns (eg. files, exclude)
    basePath: '',

    // frameworks to use
    // available frameworks: https://npmjs.org/browse/keyword/karma-adapter
      frameworks: ['requirejs', 'qunit'],

    // list of files / patterns to load in the browser
    files: [
      'test-main.js',
      { pattern: './Scripts/tests/*.specs.js', included: false }
    ],

    // list of files / patterns to exclude
    exclude: [
    ],

// preprocess matching files before serving them to the browser
// available preprocessors: https://npmjs.org/browse/keyword/karma-preprocessor
preprocessors: {
},

// test results reporter to use
// possible values: 'dots', 'progress'
// available reporters: https://npmjs.org/browse/keyword/karma-reporter
reporters: ['progress'],

// web server port
port: 9876,

// enable / disable colors in the output (reporters and logs)
colors: true,

// level of logging
// possible values: config.LOG_DISABLE || config.LOG_ERROR || config.LOG_WARN || config.LOG_INFO || config.LOG_DEBUG
logLevel: config.LOG_INFO,

// enable / disable watching file and executing tests whenever any file changes
autoWatch: true,

// start these browsers
// available browser launchers: https://npmjs.org/browse/keyword/karma-launcher
browsers: ['Chrome'],

// Continuous Integration mode
// if true, Karma captures browsers, runs the tests and exits
singleRun: false,

// Concurrency level
// how many browser should be started simultaneous
concurrency: Infinity

}) }

My test-main.js

var allTestFiles = [];
var TEST_REGEXP = /(spec|test)\.js$/i;

// Get a list of all the test files to include
Object.keys(window.__karma__.files).forEach(function(file) {
    if (TEST_REGEXP.test(file)) {
        // Normalize paths to RequireJS module names.
        // If you require sub-dependencies of test files to be loaded as-is (requiring file extension)
        // then do not normalize the paths
        var normalizedTestModule = file.replace(/^\/base\/|\.js$/g, '');
        allTestFiles.push(normalizedTestModule)
    };
});

require.config({
    // Karma serves files under /base, which is the basePath from your config file
    baseUrl: '/base',

    // dynamically load all test files
    deps: allTestFiles,

    path: {
        qunit: 'qunit',
        jquery: 'jquery.3.3.1'
    },

    // we have to kickoff jasmine, as it is asynchronous
    callback: window.__karma__.start
});

my test.specs.js

define(['qunit'], function (qunit) {

    qunit.test("Second test", function (assert) {
        assert.ok(true, "Passed!");
    });
});