After 1s - 2h - 3h

jerome keslin

Dec 24, 2023, 1:32:54 PM12/24/23
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
Apologies if this has been discussed before.
I assume that all minimum hands pass 3h.
1s - 2h
3h - 3s

Is 3s showing a control, slam interest in hearts or spade support presumably forcing?

I ask because pairs that play Kickback, where 4S is RKCB agreeing hearts might find this situation confusing.
If 3s was a control then 4s afterwards by responder would be Kickback, but if 3s was natural then 4s later would be to play.

Adam Wildavsky

Dec 24, 2023, 4:42:47 PM12/24/23
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
I believe Kaplan played it as natural and forcing. I don't think I ever asked him about it explicitly, though.