bid this hand playing KSU

chuck and teril swart

Mar 18, 2022, 2:28:54 AM3/18/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
Imps second seat non-vul vs vul. You hold
K2
K98754
AJT2

The bidding goes:
(P)  1d (P) 1H
(P)   ?
If you bid 2c then what do you bid after partner bids 2H?

At the table I devalued my Heart ace and bid 2d, which missed a very tight 3NT or 5d, both contracts depended on not losing any diamonds opposite AJ6 in partner's hand.

Fred.

Mar 18, 2022, 11:12:07 AM3/18/22
to The Kaplan-Sheinwold Bidding System
Given the uncertainties of the hand, a 2D rebid, which
makes a plus score very likely, might be a reasonable action at
match points if trying to protect a really good round.  Still, it is
a huge underbid.

The hand, however awkward, adds up to 18.00 KNR, and
at IMP scoring I need to show the full values.  I would
rebid 2C, and continue with 2NT over 2H.  I take this to have
the same meaning as in B-13: non-forcing, spade stop, better
than minimum values for a light reverse, no heart fit.

I'd expect responder to continue to game with 7,8+ HCP and a
diamond fit or 9,10+ HCP in a misfit.  I'm not sure what a
responder whose only values are d-AJx is going to do, but
we will bid more of the games we should bid than we would
with weaker sequences.

Fred.