1s - 2h

jerome keslin

Nov 24, 2023, 11:52:22 AM11/24/23
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
2h is 9-10 or more.
After opener rebids 2s, which could show
AJTxxx, x, xx, Axxx,
which of responders rebids are forcing?

Christopher Monsour

Nov 24, 2023, 11:56:10 AM11/24/23
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com

I prefer 3 of any suit to be forcing, but I play 3!C as either minor, 3!D as 6+ hearts, 3!H as doubleton spade, and 3!S as natural and forcing with 3+ spades.  3!D and 3!H, while forcing, do not promise another bid.

Chris Monsour

Ronald Kalf

Nov 25, 2023, 2:53:40 AM11/25/23
to The Kaplan-Sheinwold Bidding System
Most horrible sequence in bridge and making 2h 9/10+ in stead of FG doesn’t help. I do understand EK’s reason, but with Gazzilli or Lisa/Bart it‘s no longer necessary. That doesn’t diminish the merits of Chris‘s follow-up. You might want to take a look at
if you are ready to deviate even more from KSU.