Doubler's Rebids

jerome keslin

Feb 28, 2022, 2:11:16 AM2/28/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
I would like to know how the group handles the following sequences.

1d - dbl - p - 1h
  p -   ?

A. 2s.
B. 2d.

After the cue bid, what do the following bids by the doubler mean?
Does the cue bid deny 4 hearts?

1d - dbl - p - 1h
  p -  2d - p - 2h
  p -    ?

A. 3h.
B. 4h.
C. 2s.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Fred.

Mar 3, 2022, 1:47:17 PM3/3/22
to The Kaplan-Sheinwold Bidding System
My partnership style is for advancer to bid fairly aggressively
after the double.   That is, advancer would bid 2H with 8-10
fitting points.  My experience is that when doubler has a light
double, the partnership will have 8 trump and should compete
 to the 2-level.  With 11+ and an unbid major responder should
show an invitational plus hand with a cue bid.  The partnership
can still stop in a part score.

With four trump, doubler should raise 1M to a level one less
than doubler would raise a 1 over 1.  Thus, the single raise of
1H should be about 18-19 dummy points, the single jump
should be around 20-22, and the double jump 23-24.  I think
the cue bid should deny 4-card support unless intervenor's
hand is too huge for a direct raise

The jump in a new suit should show about a 5-loser hand
with a reliable suit.

Fred.