followups after 1S 2H

chuck and teril swart

Jul 27, 2022, 2:25:25 PM7/27/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
Section C-12 in KSU states that after 1S 2H,
3H is non-forcing
4H is not slam oriented with 15-17
4m shows a void and heart support
My question is: How do you show a slam oriented hand with heart support and how do you distinguish these hands from strong, game going hands without heart support.

Here are some examples, which are not intended to be all-inclusive.

1. AKQ83
    Q42
   64
   A54

2a.   AKJ32
        2
        432
        AKQ2
2b    AKJ32
        43
        32
        AKQ2
2c     AKJ32
         43
          Q2
         AKQ2

Presumably all these auctions would start 1S  2H, 3C (If these hands don't meet your standards, then make appropriate changes without a solid diamond stop.)
Then would 3H by responder show 6 hearts? If so, then 3d would be waiting and not necessarily natural.  If not, then 3d should show something in diamonds.

At the table we held hand 1 and got to a good 6H slam opposite
J6
AKJ953
K2
K83
But there was some concern that opener had some form of hand 2.

Christopher Monsour

Jul 27, 2022, 2:40:59 PM7/27/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
The easiest way to handle this is with transfers after 1S 2H

3C = diamonds (extras or 5-5)
3D = heart raise
3H = clubs, GF

Get Outlook for Android

Jul 27, 2022, 2:43:37 PM7/27/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
Also, after 1S 2H 3H showing clubs, it would be reasonable for responder's 4D to be a heart rebid.

Get Outlook for Android

Jul 27, 2022, 3:07:46 PM7/27/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
That is to say, 4H is to play while 4D shows 6+ hearts with doubt about strain or level

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 11:43:31 AM