1S-2H-whatever-3S

Fred.

Aug 18, 2022, 9:18:36 AM8/18/22
to The Kaplan-Sheinwold Bidding System
I believe Adam stated in one post that

1S   -   2H
3m  -   3S

would be game forcing because with only a 3-card limit raise
responder would bid 3S directly.  Or, I might add, make a limit
raise via 1NT with 35(32).  By the same logic

1S  -   2H
2S  -   3S

would also be game forcing.

Another poster has maintained that the latter auction is invitational.

I'm inclined to agree with Adam because (1) I don't like giving the
opponents extra information when the goal is game and (2) having
the 3S rebid game forcing (and, presumably, 4S a picture bid)
leaves more slam bidding tools available.  Or looking at it another
way, there's already enough packing into the space short 1S-2H
without including invitational spade raises.

But, I'd still like to hear the opinions on this topic.

Fred.

Adam Wildavsky

Aug 18, 2022, 10:00:15 AM8/18/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
I don't remember that post. I'd think that 3S in the first auction is forcing because 3m showed extras.

In the second auction I'd play the raise as NF because 2S was NF. Slam seems unlikely when opener is minimum and responder who has support did not jump shift.

Sent via Superhuman

Christopher Monsour

Aug 18, 2022, 10:52:52 AM8/18/22
to kaplan-s...@googlegroups.com
1S-2H-2S-3S also doesn't absolutely promise a third spade, though it will usually have one

Aug 18, 2022, 12:02:04 PM8/18/22
to The Kaplan-Sheinwold Bidding System
Couldn't the 2S bid be 65432?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kaplan-sheinwold/4a3888d4-4998-45dd-abd1-680bb088a389n%40googlegroups.com.