fetching all targets from inventory inside jinja2 template

Pranav Gupta

Mar 12, 2019, 5:07:57 PM3/12/19
to kapitan-discuss
Hi all,

When we access parameters using inventory inside templates, say like inventory.parameters.target then it will give us that specific target (say dev)  which is currently being compiled by Kapitan but if suppose I want to fetch other target names as well (like staging, prod) to populate some part of my template then how can I achieve this ?

I simply tried looping over target inside jinja2 template but I think its not a list of targets so it doesn't work.

Thanks
Pranav

Pawel Sarbinowski

Mar 13, 2019, 5:39:26 AM3/13/19
to Pranav Gupta, kapitan-discuss
You can get the global inventory with
{% set inventory_global = global %}

in jinja2. Output that in your file with

{{ global | yaml }} to see the full contents.

Pawel Sarbinowski | DevOps Engineer | paw...@google.com

Pranav Gupta

Mar 15, 2019, 8:59:06 AM3/15/19
to kapitan-discuss