Clarifications regarding Issue Validate compile operation using jsonschema lib #194

Pranav Gupta

Mar 31, 2019, 7:16:58 PM3/31/19
to kapitan-discuss
Hi all,

In my current thinking(please correct me if I am wrong) , according to this feature the user should be able to enable jsonschema validation in inventory. After this he/she must be able to associate a schema file to a specific output file inside a specific target, then we can warn the user later if the output does not correspond to the schema. As jsonschema can handle yaml as well as json validation, so is good to use. Are there any more validation criterias that one should focus on ?

Pawel Sarbinowski

Apr 1, 2019, 4:57:23 AM4/1/19
to Pranav Gupta, kapitan-discuss
Hey Pranav,

Those are the main ones. Then you need schemas to validate against. Depending if you validate k8s or terraform or other resources. k8s Is a good start though. :)

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 12:17 AM Pranav Gupta <pranavg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

In my current thinking(please correct me if I am wrong) , according to this feature the user should be able to enable jsonschema validation in inventory. After this he/she must be able to associate a schema file to a specific output file inside a specific target, then we can warn the user later if the output does not correspond to the schema. As jsonschema can handle yaml as well as json validation, so is good to use. Are there any more validation criterias that one should focus on ?

Pawel Sarbinowski | DevOps Engineer | paw...@google.com

Pranav Gupta

Apr 1, 2019, 7:48:40 AM4/1/19
to kapitan-discuss
Thanks Pawel,
I was just wondering that we should be able to accept any arbitrary schema provided by user for validation. For this we can add some validation flags to our current compile CLI through which user can feed any validation schema or let it be totally defined in inventory. Is there any schema which should be made intrinsic to kapitan ?

On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 2:27:23 PM UTC+5:30, Me wrote:
Hey Pranav,

Those are the main ones. Then you need schemas to validate against. Depending if you validate k8s or terraform or other resources. k8s Is a good start though. :)

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 12:17 AM Pranav Gupta <pranavg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

In my current thinking(please correct me if I am wrong) , according to this feature the user should be able to enable jsonschema validation in inventory. After this he/she must be able to associate a schema file to a specific output file inside a specific target, then we can warn the user later if the output does not correspond to the schema. As jsonschema can handle yaml as well as json validation, so is good to use. Are there any more validation criterias that one should focus on ?

Ricardo Amaro

Apr 1, 2019, 7:54:01 AM4/1/19
to Pranav Gupta, kapitan-discuss
No flags required, it should be defined via the inventory.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kapitan-discuss.