Defining Yaml Custom Tag Handler with Kapitan

ravi shankar

Jan 29, 2021, 1:57:47 AM1/29/21
to kapitan...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

   With Kapitan, Is it possible to add a custom tag handler to join a list in yaml to form a "," separated string ?

Looking to avoid writing a jsonnet script to format an already existing "list" in kapitan inventory.

What is the best way to handle this ?

Something like below -

parameters:
  service:
    some-service:
      image: '${docker:registry}/some-image'
      ports: ${service:ports}
      env:
        - name: DYNACONF_ACTIVE_PROFILES
          value: **!join** ${config:profile}

config:
  profile:
     - cloud
     - development

Ricardo Amaro

Jan 29, 2021, 7:04:37 AM1/29/21
to ravi shankar, kapitan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We don't have such functionality although I agree it would be handy!
As you say, currently you will need to implement that using jsonnet/jinja2/kadet.

Feel free to open a github issue with your idea.

Cheers