Things God Wants Us to Know

Member Of Heart .

Nov 19, 2003, 8:21:06 AM11/19/03
Things God Wants Us to Know

1. Sorrow and grief are never easy.

2. We discover in the gospel of John that even our Lord wept at times.

3. But though sorrow and grief are real to us we dare not miss the lessons God is trying to teach us through sorrow. Through the loss of a loved one and friend God is able to teach us things that He could not teach us at other times, in other circumstances.

We need to be sensitive to Him in this time.

What then would God teach us through this experience? What can we learn? What are the lessons He wants to teach us?

God wants us to know that He still loves us It sometimes is easy to feel that God loves us when things are going well and He doesn't love us when things aren't going well.

We sometimes wonder how can God love us and allow the things to come into our lives that he does? How can God love us and allow death and sorrow to come?

1. The Bible responds by telling us that it is God's very nature to be loving God is love. (I John 4:8) His love for us doesn't change though the circumstances may.

2. The problem isn't that God doesn't love us but that our perspective is limited God is infinite, we are finite.

God sees the whole, we see only the part.

God's ways aren't our ways. Is. 55:8-9 "for my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." God in His wisdom allows sorrow to come into our lives and we must remember that His plan is best.

3. It is to this loving God that we can turn and know that He judges rightly and correctly.

Gen. 18 asks the question, "shall not the judge of all the earth do right?"

We can turn to God at this time and know he is fair, just, impartial and loving. (Ps. 98:9)

4. Yes, in this time of sorrow it may seem as if God's love is not to be found. But His word reminds us that He does love us.

But more than this He sympathizes with us. Heb. 2:17 tells us "Wherefore it behooved him (Christ) in all things to be made like unto His brethren, that He might become a merciful and faithful High Priest . . .

The Lord Jesus came to earth from heaven to become a man. He knows what it means to sorrow, to grieve.

He sympathizes with you in your grief.

5. In sorrow, God wants us to know He still loves us.

· He is loving. He is just, and fair in judgment. He is sympathetic in our sorrow. (But God not only wants us to learn something of His love while we sorrow, but)

God Wants Us to Learn Something About Life

1. God would remind us at a time like this that life is a gift. None of us are promised another year, another month, another day. Each day is a gift from God.

The Bible reminds us of the shortness of life by the comparisons it makes to life.

The Bible says that a man's days are:

a .Swifter than a runner. (Job 9:25)

b. Like a swift ship.(Job 9:26)

c. Swifter than a weaver's shuttle.

We are further reminded of the shortness of life by comparisons which describe life:

a. As a vapor. (James 4:14)

b. As grass. (I Peter 1:24)

c. As a flower that withereth. (Job 14:2)

Yes, a time like this reminds us of the shortness of life; a life that is a gift, a life that is only one heart beat from eternity

http://www.angelfire.com/mb2/memberofheart/allforyoujesus/whatGodmeanstome.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mb2/memberofheart/Frans/MISSINGYOU.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mb2/memberofheart/Hi/FullOfLove.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mb2/memberofheart/Hi/FRIENDS.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mb2/memberofheart/Hi/AlliNeedis.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mb2/memberofheart/allforyou/chickendance.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mb2/memberofheart/allforyou/GiftsThatDoNotCostaCent.html

Your Friend In Christ...
PS: žƒeel ƒree to pass card`s or ßible text around
Would you like to be on my list? It`s all about Jesus.
Feel free to ask me anything

About Me :
Instant Messenger

{Main Index} {Index 2} {Index 3} {Index 4} {Index 5} {Index 6} {Index 7} {Send A Friend`s For Life Rose} {Send A FriendShip Heart} {For Kid`s Copy & Color} {WebTv Game Room} {WebTv Tool`s} {Sheet Music}