[WG-P3] Fwd: NSTIC Workshops: IDtrust (March 13-14) and Identity Ecosystem Governance Workshop (March 15)

Mark Lizar

Mar 8, 2012, 10:53:49 AM3/8/12
to Kantara P3WG
FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: "National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)" <subscr...@nist.gov>
Date: 7 March 2012 20:29:56 GMT
Subject: NSTIC Workshops: IDtrust (March 13-14) and Identity Ecosystem Governance Workshop (March 15)

Register today:

IDtrust March 13-14 http://www.nist.gov/itl/csd/ct/nstic_idtrust-2012.cfm

Identity Ecosystem Governance Workshop March 15 http://www.nist.gov/itl/nstic_ieg_workshop.cfm

Dear NSTIC Stakeholders,

The past few weeks have been extremely busy as we move forward with implementing the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC).  Since the beginning of 2012, we have released a major Federal Funding Opportunity ($10 million) for NSTIC pilots and hosted a proposer’s day conference for these pilots, led a discussion at RSA featuring a distinguished panel, and published our Recommendations for the Establishment of an Identity Ecosystem Governance Structure.

Next week, we will continue with an array of events focused on NSTIC:

  • March 13-14 is the IDtrust Conference at NIST in Gaithersburg.  The two day workshop will feature plenary presentations and panel discussions by leading identity management and standards experts addressing a broad swath of technology and standards issues that surround the implementation of the Identity Ecosystem.  More details, including a link to registration, are at: http://www.nist.gov/itl/csd/ct/nstic_idtrust-2012.cfm

  • March 15, we will host an Identity Ecosystem Governance Workshop downtown at the Department of Commerce Auditorium in Washington, D.C.  This event will focus specifically on the recent Recommendations paper we published for the NSTIC Steering Group.  We intend to review the findings of the report and kick off a public discussion on the governance recommendations and charter amongst stakeholders – with a goal of facilitating consensus and jumpstarting a work plan for creation of the Identity Ecosystem Framework.

    This event is free; details (including a link to registration) are at http://www.nist.gov/itl/nstic_ieg_workshop.cfm. An agenda for the event will be posted shortly; we intend to review the recommendations in the morning and break out into smaller, collaborative working sessions in the afternoon.

    For those of you who will be unable to attend in person, the morning session will be webcast live starting at 9:00 AM EST. Visit the official NIST event page on the day of the event to access the webcast; registration will not be required to view.

I sincerely hope you are able to join us for these important events. Thank you for your valuable input and your continued support. We appreciate your efforts, and we look forward to working with you as we continue implement NSTIC and the Identity Ecosystem!

Jeremy Grant
Senior Executive Advisor, Identity Management
NIST

NIST Logo Questions? Contact Us
STAY CONNECTED:
Visit Us on Facebook Visit Us on Twitter Visit Us on YouTube Sign up for email updates
SUBSCRIBER SERVICES:
Manage Preferences  |  Unsubscribe  |  Help

Technical questions? Contact inqu...@nist.gov. (301) 975-NIST (6478).

This service is provided to you at no charge by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1070 · Gaithersburg, MD 20899 · 301-975-6478