Kantara at MIT: Blockchains and Smart Contracts

1 view

Kantara Initiative

May 26, 2016, 3:45:25 PM5/26/16
to kantara-initiative-wg-consu...@googlegroups.com
Join the discussion.
Kantara Workshops at MIT
The Kantara Initiative presented digital identity workshops at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) conference "Digital Contracts, Identities and Blockchains" held on 23-24 May 2016.
The conference brought together blockchain thought leaders and practitioners from around the world to discuss and develop better, more standardized approaches to digital identities and contracts using distributed ledger technologies.
We at Kantara know that this conference is just one of many conversations to be had around blockchains and smart contracts. To facilitate the continuation of this conversation, we have created the Blockchains and Smart Contracts Discussion Group. Learn what was discussed at MIT and hear from fellow members on the topic. All Kantara members are welcome to join.
Join the Group
The Importance of the Blockchains, Smart Contracts, and Ongoing Discussion
The purpose of the Discussion Group is to initiate a broad discussion on various aspects of smart contracts and blockchain systems. The advent of the Bitcoin currency system has generated interest in permissioned blockchain systems not only for achieving an immutable “trusted” distributed ledger but also for the execution of smart contracts (code) on the blockchain P2P nodes that conforms to a given consensus algorithm.
Smart contracts offer something previously attainable in paper contracts: the programmability of parts of the contracts whose execution is based on real-time input from external sources of data (e.g. stock ticker feed; weather reports; IoT sensor feeds).
When multiple nodes on the P2P execute the same smart contract or run parts of an interconnected contract, a certain degree of the immutability of the outcome can be achieved based on the choice of the P2P consensus algorithm. This, in turn, provides a corresponding level of assurance among transacting parties that the execution of the smart contract has reached completion.
Read more and join the conversation here.
Next Steps.
Here's what you can do to stay informed and involved:
1. Join the group. Stay current and connect with your peers and thought leaders on the topics of bitcoins and smart contracts.
2. Share this Email. Expand the group's reach and knowledge by inviting your peers to participate. Look below for one-click sharing on email and social media.
Follow Us
Twitter Facebook LinkedIn YouTube
Share this email:
Manage your preferences | Opt out using TrueRemove
View this email online.
401 Edgewater Place Suite 600
Wakefield, MA | 01880 US
This email was sent to kantara-initiative-wg-consu...@googlegroups.com.
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.