[WG-UMA] UMA Authorization Code Grant

Igor Zboran

Mar 22, 2021, 8:28:58 AM3/22/21
to wg-uma@kantarainitiative.org WG
Hi all,

The UMA Authorization Code Grant defines a mechanism for user-to-user (sender-to-recipient) delegation of access. Figure 1 provides the schematic flow for the UMA Authorization Code Grant by which the sender (Resource Owner) delegates the Requesting Party Client to access the sender's resources on behalf of the recipient.

image.png
         Figure 1.

Regards

-Igor

Igor Zboran

Mar 22, 2021, 1:03:43 PM3/22/21
to wg-uma@kantarainitiative.org WG
Hmm, it seems to me that the resource id / ticket are in this grant redundant. Am I right?

-Igor

Alec L

Mar 22, 2021, 1:14:47 PM3/22/21
to Igor Zboran, wg-uma@kantarainitiative.org WG
Hi Igor, I'd agree it seems duplicated on first look.

The 'mail retrieving agent' (MRA) should only need the link(URI) to the resource, once the MRA makes the 'RPT-less' resource request it will be returned a fresh ticket and the location of the UMA AS (through WWW-Authenticate)

Best,
- Alec

Igor Zboran

Mar 23, 2021, 9:12:11 AM3/23/21
to Alec L, wg-uma@kantarainitiative.org WG
Hi Alec, the UMA Authorization Code Grant should also work with web portals. The AS may generate a link with a short-lived authorization code and send it to the RqP in an email either implicitly during a sharing process (synchronously) or later, at the explicit RqP request (asynchronously) – next, the RqP retrieves and opens the email, clicks on the link and the RqP client gets an RPT.

-Igor