[WG-UMA] Relationship Manager User Stories

Alec Laws

Jun 23, 2021, 1:21:28 PM6/23/21
to wg-uma@kantarainitiative.org WG
Hi, as requested have collected the user stories we've looked at around the Wallet/ Relationship Manager drafts for discussion tomorrow

From: https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/UMA+telecon+2020-11-19

 As RqP Bob, I want to be able to request access to a set of Alice's resources directly from Alice's AS without knowledge of their location, because I don't have to bother getting or caring about all the locations from Alice first.

As client C used by RqP Bob, want to be able to request access to a set of Alice's resources directly from Alice's AS on Bob's behalf without knowledge of their location, because I don't have to retrieve the locations first.

—
As a RO, I want to manage my resources independently of each individual RS (UMA core prop)

As an AS, I want to decouple the consent management UX from the authorization services,

As a RO, I need a personally controlled user-agent (UMA Wallet) to manage my key material, in order to maintain personal-agency in ecosystems

As a RO, I want to authorize a "UMA Wallet" to manage RS resources, so that I have a single view into my available RS's and Resources

As a RS, I need Alice to authenticate in order to determine which resources she can manage, in order to ensure appropriate management access

As a RS, I need Alice to establish credentials (pub key), so that I can trust externally asserted policy was issued with Alice

AS a RS, I need to trust delegations signed by Alice's key, so that Alice can allow Bob (other keys...) or <<claims gathering condition>> to access her resources

As a RS, I may delegate resource management user experience, so that I can focus of my core service to the RO

As an RS, I need to know which AS(s) Alice wants to use, in order to delegate access control (uma core)

As an AS, I want to delegate RqP identification to a UMA Wallet, so that
- a RqP can choose their private key and consent management provider
- I can avoid directly holding or seeing a users personal details

Best,
- Alec

Alec Laws

Jul 1, 2021, 10:46:27 AM7/1/21
to wg-uma@kantarainitiative.org WG
Hi all,
A couple slides with diagrams, challenges and user stories

Cheers,
- Alec
UMA user stories to motivate RM.pdf