Kantara's on the Road

Kantara Initiative

May 5, 2016, 4:24:08 PM5/5/16
to kantara-communit...@googlegroups.com
See where Kantara's going to bring awareness to the Initiative.
See where Kantara's going to bring awareness to the Initiative.
Catch Up with Kantara at an Upcoming Event
The Kantara Initiative is on the road in the coming weeks. Be sure to catch up with Executive Director, Colin Wallis; a Board of Director; or a Kantara member to shoot the breeze, attend a workshop, or have a drink.
These events allow us to bring awareness to Kantara's efforts to provide a strategic vision for the digital identity transformation, and turn ideas into reality.
Connnected Life and Industry 4.0:
How to Bridge to These Worlds

Where: Munich, Germany
When: Tuesday, 10 May 2016
Innovating for the R/Evolution of Identity, Security and Trust

Where:
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
When: Monday, 6 June 2016
More Information
Connected Life and Industry 4.0: How to Bridge to these Worlds (Workshop)

Speakers: Ingro Friese, Mark Lizar, Michael Schwartz, Andrea Servida, and Colin Wallis

Identity is a critical component of the Industry 4.0 and Connected Life digital transformation. This workshop comprises stimulating sessions that explore the evolution of how our interpersonal lives weave through industry.

The innovation and adoption of IoT technologies are changing the world as we know it, providing vast potential for economic growth and social prosperity. But the risk vector is significant. Mitigating those risks will help to ensure the realization of the broadest positive impacts for social, corporate, national and global prosperity. Come and hear about the activities of the Kantara Initiative and of others, working to reduce the challenges and leverage these opportunities.

In this workshop, we will discuss both policy and protocol implications, especially data protection, access management, and privacy controls.

Specific topics include:
  • Privacy best practices for IoT
  • The influence of blockchain on identity
  • Kantara's approach to OAuth for identity federation at scale via its OTTO Working Group
Visit the EIC Website
Innovating for the R/Evolution of Identity, Security, and Trust

Speakers: Andrew Hughes, Mark Lizar, Eve Maler, Michael Schwartz, and Colin Wallis

"Like attracts like," which is why Kantara members are many of the world’s leading experts building trust on the Internet. Participate and interact with those folks as they deliver the ‘inside track’ on their presentations that other attendees only get to hear later in the week. The Internet is the world’s biggest federation, and Kantara is working to develop the technical foundations to help that ecosystem of domains cooperate globally. Bring your user community stories and challenge us with them. See the business value as we tackle them together!

At this workshop, you'll receive:
  • An introduction to Kantara Initiative and its two themes: Connected Life and Trust Services
  • An update on its activities since the last CIS event (forKantarians as well as newbies)
  • Your guide to becoming one of the "awesome ones" crafting the future of identity innovation!
Visit the CIS Website
Follow Us
Twitter Facebook LinkedIn YouTube
Share this email:
Manage your preferences | Opt out using TrueRemove
View this email online.
401 Edgewater Place Suite 600
Wakefield, MA | 01880 US
This email was sent to kantara-communit...@googlegroups.com.
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.