Being timed out as user if using .kansorc when pushing - bug or feature?

Pea-Pod

Aug 24, 2013, 12:27:59 PM8/24/13
to ka...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

While fidgeting around with my "learning how to couch" -projects I have stumbled upon a interesting bug/feature.

I have configured the .kansorc -files such that when I push user:pwd is included. Nifty thing to do in order to avoid entering this at every push.

Now, after a couple of hours or a couple of days, something interesting happens. In one of the projects there is a form to enter data, all in a sudden when I want to post some new data, and 'submit' is pushed, I get the answer back that: 403 - this is not appropriate. I am allowed to GET and HEAD and what not but certainly not POST.

As a newbie with limited resources of time and knowhow this, of course, caused some grief. I was quite sure that I was to blame and as the problem occurred intermittently it was hard to figure out. I even went as far as rewriting my tiny projects from scratch and updating to couchdb 1.3 with the hopes that this would be something good to do but to no avail. It worked for a while and then the nasty message grinned in my face once again.

But then I had a thinker. I was not allowed to POST but certainly GET things so this smelled of 'permissions'. I manually '$ kanso push myproject' instead of relying on the .kansorc. I had to enter same user and pwd as was defined in the .kansorc (I have only one server admin), sure, but all in a sudden I was allowed POST as much as I liked. I continued to only '$kanso push' whilst working but as soon as the uggly message surface again I did it manually and, voila, no more need to spend hours on screening code for bugs that do not exist.

Tell me - am I the only one with this problem? Can this be read about in the documentation? Is this a bug or feature, and if a bug where and how do I report it?

Otherwise - keep up the good work!