New Maps and Data on website

riverin...@gmail.com

May 30, 2010, 2:28:12 PM5/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone-- we have completed the data for Geary County and are almost done with Riley County. Please take a look at those two pages (they are under "maps and spreadsheets") and let us know what you think. We have also added Google Earth maps embedded on the website, which will greatly expand our capabilities since you can do far more with Google Earth than you can with the standard Google Map. We are very interested in comments on the website, and would like suggestions on where we should go from here. Thanks. Cynthia

cynthia...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2010, 2:34:37 PM6/11/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Heidi-- good job figuring out how to add the watershed boundaries to google earth. It will be very helpful to have individual watershed boundaries in kml files added to the "kml for maps" page so that everyone can use them. You might try loading them onto a google map, although my experience is that google maps won't take shapes (only markers), but its worth a try. Cynthia

cynthia...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2010, 5:53:07 PM6/11/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Way to go Heidi! Hey everybody-- check out the new maps

cynthia...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2010, 10:47:59 AM6/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Heidi has been building a new map with the HUC 8's and protected areas-- check it out

Laura Calwell

Jun 30, 2010, 12:47:30 PM6/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
I'm good to test the workability of sites as a layman - this was hard for me to manipulate.  I know Heidi is working on this.  On one of the Google Earth pages when you open it the earth spins and focuses in on the area automatically.  It would be nice if this would do that and focus in on NE Kansas.

Heidi Mehl

Jun 30, 2010, 1:59:26 PM6/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on turning off all of the sites except the ones in our priority watersheds.  Hopefully that will allow me to set it to zoom in on the NE part of the state.  I'll let you know when I get the new file loaded!

Laura Calwell

Jun 30, 2010, 2:04:24 PM6/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good! Laura

James Steichen

Jun 30, 2010, 2:24:25 PM6/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Heidi, this looks really good.
You could also add Pillsbury Crossing, which is on Deep Creek SE of Manhattan. Here is a web site about it:
http://www.kansastravel.org/pillsburycrossing.htm

Jim Steichen

Jun 30, 2010, 3:29:43 PM6/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Much better!  Thanks

cynthia...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2010, 5:03:39 PM6/30/10
to kansas-river-i...@googlegroups.com
Heidi-- good job adding the Kaw. the outline really makes the river stand out. the map is looking great.