Petition is Launched!

1 view

in...@betterballotkc.org

Aug 30, 2021, 5:09:51 PM8/30/21
to Better Ballot KC
Friends --

The petition launch event for Ranked Choice Voting in Kansas City MO went well last Thursday.

Donations

We're a frugal operation: printing up 1,000 petition sheets cost $165.85. If ten people donated $16.59, we'd have it.

This is an all-volunteer effort, but we'll need to pay for lit tables and other kinds of fees to get access to crowds, along with other expenses. To donate through PayPal, either with an account or with a credit card:

Volunteering

Missourians for Ranked Choice Voting will be taking over on-line trainings (expected weekly). All Missouri, and Kansas as well, is likely to get RCV  more quickly if we succeed. So they're taking tasks that don't require being in the city, allowing those of us who are here to focus on getting those signatures.

If you only want to chip in by passing a few petition sheets around to your friends, let me know and we can mail them to you. This is actually a tremendous help. Every signature counts, but we're also keeping track of the number of volunteers. It will be more impressive showing the outpouring of grassroots support if we can show there were many volunteers.

If you know spots where there are good crowds of people who might be interested in signing - say, tables at colleges, churches, synagogues, events, etc. - please let me know details (hit reply, or call).

Events

We have an event sign-up sheet. You can let us know what you're interested in.

This weekend:

First Fridays, Crossroads District, September 3, 7-9 pm

Irish Fest, near Crown Center, September 3, 5-10 pm / September 4 & 5, 11 am - 10 pm

KC United Love Fest, Spring Valley Park, 2116 E 29th Street, September 4, 10 am - 8 pm / September 5, 10 am - 10 pm

Also:

The Renaissance Festival in Bonner Springs this weekend has a lot of attenders from KC MO.

KC Royals, Kauffmann Stadium, September 5 - game starts at 1:10 PM, so people entering well earlier

Coming up soon:

Westport Art Fair, September 10, 3-9 pm / September 11, 10 am - 9 pm / September 12, 11 am - 5 pm

Brookside Art Fair,  September 18, 5-9 pm / September 19, 10 am - 9 pm / September 20, 11 am - 5 pm

Waldo Fall Festival, September 19, 10 am - 6 pm

Plaza Art Fair, September 24, 5-10 pm / September 25, 10 am - 10 pm / September 26, 11 am - 5 pm

-- Rachel MacNair
for Better Ballot KC
Voice and text: 816-753-2057