Next Meeting for Better Ballot KC: Monday, April 6, 7 PM / Videos?

Rachel MacNair

Apr 2, 2020, 1:05:40 PM4/2/20
to Better Ballot KC

Friends --

Below is the information for any of you who might like to join our monthly meeting on Zoom.

Most of what we do is lobbying and educating crowds (leaflets, tables, presentations). There aren't crowds any more, of course, and legislators are focused on other urgent matters now.

So one thing to do with our shelter-at-home time is to make short educational online videos specific to Kansas City, and then find ways to encourage people to watch them. Whether or not you attend the meeting, we'd love to hear creative ideas for videos. We'd be eager to have anyone with expertise offer help. We'd be pleased to have help on how to publicize them.

As for lobbying, the one group for whom a focus on Covid-19 does involve attention to elections is election board members for KC and the counties in our vicinity. We have a  new argument: Ranked-Choice Voting helps with any form of voting that's an alternative to crowds gathering in lines on election day, because people needn't fear wasting their vote by voting too early when their preferred candidate drops out. While election officials don't make policy but follow instructions, they do influence the people who give them instructions, so this may be a good time to get them educated. If anyone knows an election board member personally or otherwise has good advice to offer, let us know.

-- Rachel MacNair
for Better Ballot KC

Zoom Meeting

Topic: Monday Meeting
Time: Apr 6, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting now

Meeting ID: 552 085 497
Password: 657660