Ranked Choice Voting - Easy to Get the Word Out

in...@betterballotkc.org

Oct 7, 2022, 2:33:30 PM10/7/22
to Better Ballot KC
Friends --

We find that our 5 X 7 colorful cards are well received when we leaflet or table. We've worked up four of them, see designs below, that focus on different themes.

The personal touch is always going to be more effective than mailers or tv ads, so we ask you to consider what groups you're in - house of worship, neighbors, book clubs, etc. - where you could take a handful of any of these and pass them out, telling why ranked choice voting is a good idea.

Outside KC MO, three of the cards are general and can be passed out to anyone - we need everyone educated eventually.

If you'd like me to mail you cards - 25, 50, 75, or 100 - please let me know by hitting reply, texting or calling, with your postal address.

-- Rachel MacNair
Voice and text: 816-753-2057

Kansas City - all reasons

Front
 Inline image
Back

Inline image

You Care About a Specific Issue

Front

Inline image

Back

Inline image

Must have Majority Satisfaction to Win

Front

Inline image

Back

Inline image

Less Mudslinging

Front

   Inline image

Back

Inline image

in...@betterballotkc.org

Oct 19, 2022, 4:25:48 PM10/19/22
to Better Ballot KC
Friends --

To get voters to vote yes for ranked choice voting, we'll need to reach as many as we can before they first see it on the ballot.

Our experience is that just showing them how it's done, just a minute or two explanation, and most people are on board.

But there's no good way to explain it on the ballot itself. If they know what RCV is, the vast majority will vote yes. If they don't know, people tend to vote no on what they don't understand.

And there isn't any more concentrated group of voters between now and April than the ones who have actually just voted and are coming out of the polls on November 8.

So we pass out our info (see below). Some people will be there all day. Others will just take a handful of cards, go vote at their own place, pass out the cards until they have no more, and go home. Whether five minutes or five hours or whatever suits you, every little bit helps.

We're not making poll assignments this time, because if two people show up at the same poll, this is a heavy turnout election and both can probably be useful. We have a list of polls to select from, and instructions, at:

I copy all our cards below - they are of course available for use anywhere, not just polls, so if you could use any, let us know.

-- Rachel MacNair
for Better Ballot KC

Kansas City - all reasons

These are the ones we'll mainly use at the polls:

Rachel MacNair

Oct 28, 2022, 8:00:23 AM10/28/22
to Better Ballot KC

Rachel MacNair

Oct 30, 2022, 12:27:59 PM10/30/22
to Better Ballot KC

Friends --

Reports are that there are a good and steady number of voters voting early now - partly because they can, since Missouri just changed the rules to allow for no-excuse early voting with two weeks of the election, and partly because this is a high turnout election.

Here's the info on where these are happening. Again, any leafleting of people coming out (when they tend to be more amenable to listening than they were going in) is helpful - 5 minutes or five hours or whatever suits you.
United Believers Community Church 5600 E 112 Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64137
MON-FRI 10AM - 6PM • FELLOWSHIP HALL • SATURDAY NOV 5TH 8AM - 12PM
The Whole Person 3710 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64111
MON-FRI 10AM - 6PM • COMMUNITY ROOM • SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5TH 8AM - 12PM
KCEB Training Center at Union Station
30 W Pershing Rd, Lower Level B, Suite 610 Kansas City, MO 64108,
MON - FRI 8AM - 6PM • TRAINING CENTER • SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5TH 8AM-12PM • MONDAY NOVEMBER 7TH 8AM-5PM
We're still looking into the logistics of leafleting at the Union Station location
For more info, see:

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kansas-city-ranked-choice-voting/1765511671.543934.1666211140241%40mail.yahoo.com
.

Rachel MacNair

Nov 4, 2022, 10:34:14 PM11/4/22
to Better Ballot KC
Friends --

The weather prediction for election day is in the 60s, so we couldn't get much better - though chance of rain might require some flexibility on timing for some. You can select your own poll, timing, and amount of time, with info on polls at:

For those who need to get a handful (or a lot) of the cards to leaflet with last-minute, they are on my front porch and can be picked up at any time convenient to you:

811 Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard (what used to be East 47th Street)

Traffic in front is funky and I advise people to park on Campbell on the north side and then cross to the south side of the street.

If you need to get lit on the very day of the election, the polling place I'll be at is the Olive Branch Church, 915 East 59th Street, and I'll have a supply with me and would love to see you.

Remember we're mainly getting people coming out of the polls, and letting them know this will be something to expect to vote on next April or June.

We all know that if they've had the one-minute explanation of what RCV is, they're very likely to vote for it, but if the first time they see it is on the ballot, they won't understand and are more likely to vote no. We really need to catch as many voters as we can with this on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Rachel MacNair

Early voters:
United Believers Community Church 5600 E 112 Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64137
MON-FRI 10AM - 6PM • FELLOWSHIP HALL • SATURDAY NOV 5TH 8AM - 12PM
The Whole Person 3710 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64111
MON-FRI 10AM - 6PM • COMMUNITY ROOM • SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5TH 8AM - 12PM
KCEB Training Center at Union Station
30 W Pershing Rd, Lower Level B, Suite 610 Kansas City, MO 64108,
MON - FRI 8AM - 6PM • TRAINING CENTER • SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5TH 8AM-12PM • MONDAY NOVEMBER 7TH 8AM-5PM

Rachel MacNair

Nov 8, 2022, 8:38:45 AM11/8/22
to Better Ballot KC
The polling place I'll be at is the Olive Branch Church, 915 East 59th Street, and I'll have a supply of cards for passing out for those people who decide last minute that they'd like to pass some out. You can call or preferably text me at 816-753-2057.

See the polling places and other instructions at:

There are also cards on my front porch that can be picked up at any time during the day: