The Petition Drive is On! Mark your calendars for August 26 launch event

in...@betterballotkc.org

Aug 10, 2021, 4:28:26 PM8/10/21
to Better Ballot KC
Friends --

We've gotten clear communication from the KCMO Council members that no one's going to be introducing a bill to put Ranked Choice Voting as a Charter Amendment on the ballot.

Fortunately, a city-wide petition drive isn't as onerous as a state-wide one. It's something that can be done all-volunteer. We need to collect at least 7,000 signatures (so they can toss half and still validate 3,480). Only registered Kansas City MO voters can sign, but anyone can gather the signatures.

We're now doing the legwork of making sure the petition is worded just right.

We're planning a Launch Event on Thursday, August 26, 7 PM, where people can get petitions, meet other petitioners, get instructions and ask questions. This is still in the planning stages, but please mark your calendars if interested. We'll also work with people one on one, of course.

If you're interested in attending an online planning meeting, it will be next Monday, August 9, at 7 PM Central. Please hit reply and let us know, and we'll send you the link.

-- Rachel MacNair
for Better Ballot KC