Come hear Rank the Vote national speaker

in...@betterballotkc.org

Oct 28, 2021, 3:44:35 PM10/28/21
to Better Ballot KC
Inline image
David Green, National Organizer, Rank the Vote

Wednesday, November 3, 7 PM
Penn Valley Quaker Meetinghouse, 4405 Gillham
Inline image

To support our petition drive to get Ranked Choice Voting on the ballot in Kansas City MO, David is flying in from Boston. First, he's volunteering to get petition signatures at the K.C. polls where an election is happening in Clay County next Tuesday. (We still have openings for people who'd like to help on that - we know these are registered voters so signatures will be good. We also start educating the people most likely to vote in our election.)

Then on Wednesday, you're all invited to come hear him speak. He'll let us know why our effort here in Kansas City is important not just to the state-wide effort to get Ranked Choice Voting, but to the national effort as well.

Of course, I'll bring my notarizing equipment with me, so anyone who has signatures to turn in can bring them along.

For those who want to come but only by Zoom, hit reply and we'll send you the Zoom link - it's the same as the statewide MO-RCV meeting.

Reminder: If you'd like a few petitions to get your friends to sign, hit reply and give me your mailing address. If you'd like to spend a few hours getting signatures where there are lines or crowds or streams of people, call me and we can arrange for you to get petitions and have a chat about  what kinds of questions people commonly ask.

Deadline for Signatures: November 15

This is the ideal deadline for allowing some bureaucratic things to go wrong and still get on the April ballot.

Rachel MacNair
Better Ballot KC
Voice and text: 816-753-2057

in...@betterballotkc.org

Nov 3, 2021, 10:17:32 AM11/3/21
to Better Ballot KC
Friends --

With the successful project of working the Clay County polls finished yesterday, we're now ready for a mid-campaign gathering. Those who have signatures on hand, be sure to bring them tonight to turn in; I'll be there to notarize and take them. For those who'd just like to circulate the petition among their friends, we'll have small packets for you, and for those who need to pick up more or want to start in on some major gathering, we have larger packets. And this is a good opportunity to get tips from others and otherwise build ourselves up as a group.

-- Rachel MacNair
for Better Ballot KC
Voice and text: 816-753-2057