Venn diagram presentation, code, data

madelaine

Apr 25, 2011, 11:44:18 AM4/25/11
to Kansas City R Users Group
Hi R folks,

Here are some links to my presentation and data from this Saturday's
meeting. I was working in my dropbox (www.dropbox.com), so I can link
directly to the presentation and other files. Though not to the folder
itself, apparently.

Powerpoint: Venn and Euler Diagrams in R
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7458772/R/VennDiagram/venn.ppt

R code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7458772/R/VennDiagram/code.R

Big table of boys names and years from SSA (tab delimited text)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7458772/R/VennDiagram/boytable.txt

Big table of girls names and years from SSA (tab delimited text)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7458772/R/VennDiagram/girltable.txt

The "I love R" monkey I got is a big hit. It also makes a noise when
it crashes into stuff.

If you're interested in names in general or ever have a baby, I also
liked the names chapter in Freakonomics and http://www.babynamewizard.com/.

~Madelaine

Ali Hashemi Gheinani

May 20, 2015, 3:33:53 PM5/20/15
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I tried to access to the following links but it seems that they are not working.
Could you please send the links again.

Cheers
Ali

Madelaine Gogol

May 20, 2015, 4:07:35 PM5/20/15
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com, ali.hashem...@gmail.com
Wow, someone wants to look at my old venn diagram slides from 2011!

It's on my google drive now.

No promises that this is up to date. Now I use R package Vennerable more commonly, and it's under-documented but pretty capable.

Madelaine

Ali Hashemi Gheinani

May 21, 2015, 5:18:47 AM5/21/15
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com, ali.hashem...@gmail.com
Many thanks. But I heard that Vennerable has some problem. that is why I decided not to use it. Is it working fine for you?
Ali
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kansas-city-r-users-group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Madelaine Gogol

May 21, 2015, 9:28:35 AM5/21/15
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com, Ali Hashemi Gheinani
Yeah, it seems okay to me. Sometimes hard to figure out how to do things, though.