Revolution, next meeting

Madelaine Gogol

Oct 6, 2011, 10:23:05 PM10/6/11
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are getting 100 $ from Revolution Analytics. Also more t-shirts, etc. We should discuss how to use the money. They suggest signing up for meetup.com, but it's actually 12$ a month. I'd personally be in favor of keeping R group free. Maybe we could just get some food sometime.

Also, anyone have anything they'd like to share next meeting (December 3rd)? We could do a few shorter talks if a few people have a little something to show. I could show a little bit from the tm (text mining) package.

Madelaine

Steve Simon, P.Mean Consulting

Oct 19, 2011, 3:09:48 PM10/19/11
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com, Madelaine Gogol
I have difficulty with Saturday meetings, but I should be able to attend
in December. I have a page about inserting a sequence of variable names
into a model
--> http://www.pmean.com/10/NamesIntoModel.html
that I could talk about if you like. I need to expand the page a bit but
the general concept is that if you need to create a series of models
inside a loop, it is tricky to do so. You have to convert string vectors
into object lists or formulas and the functions to do this are rather
bizarre.

Steve Simon, n...@pmean.com, Standard Disclaimer.
Sign up for the Monthly Mean, the newsletter that
dares to call itself average at www.pmean.com/news

On 10/6/2011 9:23 PM, Madelaine Gogol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are getting 100 $ from Revolution Analytics. Also more t-shirts,
> etc. We should discuss how to use the money. They suggest signing up for

> meetup.com <http://meetup.com>, but it's actually 12$ a month. I'd

Madelaine Gogol

Oct 20, 2011, 10:23:05 PM10/20/11
to Steve Simon, P.Mean Consulting, kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me, Steve.

Anyone else have a short show and tell topic? Let's do lightning talks. I'd like to get a few more people lined up. Anything you found useful lately, or a package you always wanted to try?

I have quite a few R monkeys (and t-shirts and stickers) now.

Bob says we can use a conference room at UMKC, so I'll be sending out more information on that later.

Madelaine

Madelaine Gogol

Nov 18, 2011, 10:43:53 AM11/18/11
to Kansas City R Users Group
Hi Everyone,

The next KC R user group meeting is 2 weeks from tomorrow... Saturday,
December 3rd at 2pm.

We're going to try having it in a conference room on the second floor
of Cherry Hall at UMKC (5030 Cherry St Kansas City, MO). Parking is
available just behind the Administration building off of Oak. Here's a
google map.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5030+cherry+street,+kansas+city,+mo&hl=en&ll=39.035057,-94.58146&spn=0.002552,0.004128&sll=34.669359,-57.919922&sspn=59.265881,135.263672&vpsrc=6&hnear=5030+Cherry+St,+Kansas+City,+Missouri+64110&t=h&z=19

(Thanks, Bob!)

So far we have two people signed up to present a short topic:
Me on the text mining package
Steve on creating models inside a loop

I think it would be fun to get a few more people to show a little
something.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Madelaine

On Oct 20, 8:23 pm, Madelaine Gogol <madela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good to me, Steve.
>
> Anyone else have a short show and tell topic? Let's do lightning talks. I'd
> like to get a few more people lined up. Anything you found useful lately, or
> a package you always wanted to try?
>
> I have quite a few R monkeys (and t-shirts and stickers) now.
>
> Bob says we can use a conference room at UMKC, so I'll be sending out more
> information on that later.
>
> Madelaine
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Steve Simon, P.Mean Consulting <
>

> n...@pmean.com> wrote:
> > I have difficulty with Saturday meetings, but I should be able to attend in
> > December. I have a page about inserting a sequence of variable names into a
> > model
> > -->http://www.pmean.com/10/**NamesIntoModel.html<http://www.pmean.com/10/NamesIntoModel.html>

Madelaine Gogol

Dec 1, 2011, 8:35:07 PM12/1/11
to Kansas City R Users Group, Prue, Robert E.
R user group this saturday! Second floor of Cherry Hall at UMKC at 2pm (Can we get a room number, Bob?). There is a projector. Free parking is available behind the administrative center on oak (5115 oak).

I will talk about text mining using the tm package and Steve will talk about creating models within a loop. And anybody else can feel free to bring along anything interesting they've come across.

I'll bring my big box of R monkeys and t-shirts (stocking stuffers?) and some R cookies.

Madelaine