Feb 16th meeting

Madelaine Gogol

Jan 28, 2013, 9:21:29 AM1/28/13
to kcrusersgroup, kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hi KC R users,

Next meeting is scheduled for Saturday, Feb 16th (less than 2 weeks) at 2pm in the Plaza library (small meeting room). You can RSVP here:

Anybody have anything they'd like to share?

Madelaine

Earl F. Glynn

Jan 28, 2013, 9:37:04 AM1/28/13
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com, kcrusersgroup
I could talk for a few minutes about aggregation of a data.frame [using split, do.call, rbind, lapply and an anonymous function].  I finally figured out how to aggregate data in R like what is easy to do in Access.

efg

Feb 4, 2013, 10:23:27 PM2/4/13
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com, kcrusersgroup
That sounds good to me.

Anybody who's participating in the coursera data analysis course, we can talk about that too, maybe. I'm keeping up so far, but don't know if I'll go all the way to the end.

Already learned a few little R things I didn't know like paste0(), all() and any().

Madelaine

Earl F. Glynn

Feb 5, 2013, 3:21:25 AM2/5/13
to kansas-city-...@googlegroups.com
paste0 is a wonderful discovery <g>!

I'm in the class for now too, but the homework seems to be a bit of a waste of time.

efg