Massive corporate grab for food/water resources

kan...@aol.com

Jun 13, 2024, 2:30:41 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/jun/12/the-grab-documentary-review

The article talks about international mega-corporations working to corner the market on food and water resources. China owns like 25% of the US pork production. Many other examples.
These people realize that soon oil won't be the scarce commodity being fought over. It will be land (food) and water.
I've mentioned water for a few years. The winners here will be Canada and Russia. Canada has 2/3 of the world's surface fresh water. We should be shipping THIS to the US, not shitty tar sand crap.
I guess other countries will be in good shape. Brazil is huge and has the Amazon. Plenty of water/land. Africa is huger and has massive rivers.
With enough global warming the US may suffer some serious decline in wealth and influence. Interesting future. Fodder for sci-fi.

GMoney

Jun 13, 2024, 2:46:12 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
Relax, HOMES.....

kan...@aol.com

Jun 13, 2024, 4:51:18 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
That's a good call, G.
But are we willing to send it to places that need it?
We also have one of the larger river systems in the world, the Mo/Miss. But who'd drink THAT shit? Oh, we do.
But if we have that resource, why so much hand wringing over the shrinkage of the Ogallala aquifer?
Is there a problem or not?