House Republicans cheer Trump immunity ruling

1 view

kan...@aol.com

Jul 2, 2024, 7:52:33 PM (3 days ago) Jul 2
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/07/01/congress/immunity-decision-reactions-house-senate-trump-gop-democrats-scotus-00166033

So will a few of them talk like this, or many? Yes I'm channeling BK's silliness.
I'll guess that they will, to a man/woman speak favorably. Otherwise they might get run over by the Trump bus. And they need to speak loudly, forcibly and soon. The bus will pick off the slow and weak.
This is sad irony, but not a surprise. The entire Republican Congressional body has been glued to Trump's ass for years. And just because their governing body has lost all meaning, they continue to kiss the ring/ass. They haven't yet realized that the immunity ruling puts POTUS and the SC in the driver's seat. POTUS is free to act with near impunity; SCOTUS gets to give the thumbs up/down decision. While SCOTUS/POTUS drives the bus, Congress gets to suck on the tailpipe. But they don't care. Now it's just a matter of survival. Speak clearly and avoid Trump's opprobrium.

Example of what could/can happen. Under this ruling Nixon would have skated away clean. When he asked the CIA to call off the FBI, that was an official act. And nobody could challenge that, as long as SCOTUS agreed.
Get a fucking clue, guys