Biden commutation now on the table

Brian Kegerreis

Jun 13, 2024, 1:10:34 AM (6 days ago) Jun 13
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
The White House isn't ruling out a potential commutation for Hunter Biden after his conviction https://apnews.com/article/president-joe-biden-hunter-gun-conviction-commutation-ed69379b56bd1d63f3ddd0d79438746c

First it wasn't an option now suddenly it is...unofficially of course in order to test the publics reaction.

kan...@aol.com

Jun 13, 2024, 2:07:13 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition

"She said she has not spoken to the president about the issue since the verdict was delivered Tuesday.

Biden definitively ruled out pardoning his son during an ABC News interview last week.

“He was very clear, very upfront, obviously very definitive,” Jean-Pierre said of the president’s remarks about a potential pardon. But on a commutation, “I just don’t have anything beyond that.”

A pardon is an expression of forgiveness of a criminal offense that restores some rights, such as voting, that a person loses upon conviction. Meanwhile, a commutation reduces a sentence but leaves the conviction intact."

By not reading the article, Brian, you got the ENTIRE meaning messed up. I'd say messed up enough to qualify for Fox News, or as propaganda.

Note that "the White House" is NOT  POTUS. The press sect'y said as much. Also note that commutation is NOT a pardon.

So you got things pretty much right, except for EVERYTHING. That's why you get labeled as a Goebbels disciple, a frequent avatar for fake/false information.

Brian Kegerreis

Jun 13, 2024, 3:24:14 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
So the article claims that earlier both pardon and commutation were off the table. Now Pardon is off the table but there's no comment about commutation. According to the article.  Which basically means commutation isn't officially an option but it's kind of floating around out there as an idea that might be adopted if rhe political auguries indicate good omens for it. In case my first post  was unclear because of your bias.

kan...@aol.com

Jun 13, 2024, 5:03:47 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
As I said, until there is word from the mouth of Biden, there is NADA.
And I never heard about commutation until this article. Biden has only spoken about pardon, as in not doing it.
We'd appreciate a citation where he has previously mentioned commutation.

But  I'm still interested in the notion of Trump pardoning himself. He seems to forget that in order to accept a pardon one has to ADMIT guilt. Now that would be a sticky wicket.
"I  pardon myself for Jan 6 and the classified papers"
"So I am in fact guilty of those crimes"
"So now I just admitted to acts that get me impeached".
Wowzer.