Russia and North Korea sign defense pact

kan...@aol.com

Jun 19, 2024, 10:51:20 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
https://www.npr.org/2024/06/19/nx-s1-5011768/russia-north-korea-treaty-mutual-defense#:~:text=SEOUL%2C%20South%20Korea%20%E2%80%94%20Russia%20and,of%20military%20and%20diplomatic%20cooperation.

Does this really matter?
So far, it has resulted in Russia getting arms shipments from NK. Where do those guys get these weapons? They don't have any money. I'm puzzled.

GMoney

Jun 20, 2024, 8:19:45 AM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
China still supplies NK, don't they?

Brian Kegerreis

Jun 20, 2024, 12:13:57 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
Mostly NK has its own ammunition and small arms factories making knock off Soviet era equipment. They make their own rockets and some of thier own artillery as well. Tanks and aircraft radar and other more technical stuff they have gotten from China mostly as well as Pakistan and Russia.
They basically have a Spartan economy where virtually everything goes to support the military.

Brian Kegerreis

Jun 20, 2024, 12:17:25 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to mention they have built quite a fee submarines mostly copies of Soviet era craft but have built some smaller submarines of their own design.

kan...@aol.com

Jun 20, 2024, 3:03:12 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
Thanks; BK. Clearly NK has decided how to parse the "guns for butter" debate. Lots of guns; not too much butter.
Nothing like having a paranoid, deified dictator running the country.