Nurse was treating gunshot victim when she was killed in Arkansas mass shooting - CBS News

B Keg

Jun 24, 2024, 11:13:52 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com

kan...@aol.com

Jun 24, 2024, 11:25:06 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
You must have read farther down than the rest of us. This is a classic "click bait" site. CONTINUE..........to see more and more ads
And didn't the gunman get shot? Someone must've been armed.

GMoney

Jun 25, 2024, 8:08:46 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 10:13 PM B Keg <kegb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Crazy person: I want a gun!
BK: Of course! This is 'Muricah! Have any gun you'd like.
BK: Hey normal person, would you like a gun too?
Normal person: No thanks.
Crazy person: *BAM* You're dead!
BK: *ARH*! This is all your fault, Normal Person! If only you'd taken a gun when I offered it to you!

That, my friends, is the logic on display here.

Brian Kegerreis

Jun 25, 2024, 9:04:21 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to kansas-city-div...@googlegroups.com
No but thanks for playing.

Crazy person/criminal aren't going to obey the laws regarding guns/violence anyway.

Crazy person could hust as easily had a knife and killed three people and still could have been confronted by a civilian with a gun and stopped the killing earlier.

Often Crazy persons intentionally go to gun free zones to inflict maximum casualties. Your solution is to to make everyplace a mass casualty target. No thanks.

My solution also is to offer mental health care early, destigmatyze it, and when necessary force it. My solution is to teach people how to be responsible gun owners. You only focus on the parts of my solution thst you are scared of. Yes I think personal weapons should be readily available to every able bodied free person. I also think we should have readily available mental health care and readily available responsible firearm ownership training. I guess you agree with those since you never seem to bring them up. So that's good.

kan...@aol.com

Jun 25, 2024, 6:14:22 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Kansas City Diversity Coalition
Very logical sounding, BK; but still lacking.
If you make mental health care greatly improved, will you take gun rights away from people found to be really dangerous? I haven't heard you agree to that. You talk frequently about FINDING the crazies prior to their committing crimes; but I haven't read you as being willing to disarm them. Needs clarification
Second, you talk about gun training. Is it to be mandatory? You've suggested this. But if gun training is mandatory, then a person needs proof of having had the training. That requires an agency- i.e. gov't- to verify. PRESTO; you've just  advocated for gun control. No proof, no gun. Sort of like a driver's license.
"Badges? I don't gotta show you no stinkin' badges".
So your notions still lack something