Kanji pictograms

Erkan Oral

Dec 19, 2017, 8:01:33 PM12/19/17
to KanjiVG
Dear Mr./Ms. KanjiVG representative,

As a Japanese learner for JLPT N2 exams, I must congradulate you first, for this kind of an organization. It is very useful, interesting and enjoyable.

For the time being, I am trying to prepare a book in my native language, which is Turkish, regarding Kana letters, N5 level Japanese Kanji characters and in short Japanese writing system. In a way just like a mixture of the book “Kanji from Zero” and the book “Kanji Pictographix” but of course with some changes (By adding some other reminders, examples, exercises etc.) and in Turkish language.

I plan to prepare a book of consisting pictograms for Kana letters and Kanji symbols, and stroke orders of Grade I and II Kanjis. I also think of making it easy in the eyes of Turkish speaking people.

What I want to ask you is;

1-The steps to be followed in order to maintain necessary items such as graphs, figures and pictograms. And how? By downloading individually all Kana letters and Jouyou Kanjis from a link that would be given by you or by having them via e-mail sent from you?

2-Copyright procedure. (Since the book is going to be in commercial use, then the copyright of those materials is important. So I will be in need of getting written permission for those graphs I mentioned above.)

3-Contact info for the person or unit in charge of copyright issues.

Thank you very much in advance and appreciate your interest.
And of course, wish you luck in future projects.

Very respectfully,

Erkan Oral

ospalh

Dec 21, 2017, 8:25:43 AM12/21/17
to KanjiVG

Am Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2017 02:01:33 UTC+1 schrieb Erkan Oral:
Dear Mr./Ms. KanjiVG representative,

Hello, Mx Oral

I am not an official representative of the KanjiVG organization, but rather somebody who works on the KanjiVG project.
Anyway.

(…) I am trying to prepare a book (…) regarding Kana letters, N5 level Japanese Kanji characters (…)
That sounds nice. I wish you luck with your book project.

What I want to ask you is;

1-The steps to be followed in order to maintain necessary items such as graphs, figures and pictograms.
The KanjiVG project proper is hosted on github: KanjiVG
There are some zip files with all, or the most important SVGs: Downloads

2-Copyright procedure. (…)
The github site shows you the licence: Creative Commons  Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
That is good news – commercial use is allowed – and, maybe, bad news: a derivative work like your book has to be published under the same licence. People will be allowed to copy and adapt your book, as long as they, too use the CC-BY-SA licence, and attribute their work to us (KanjiVG) and you.

3-Contact info for the person or unit in charge of copyright issues.
The licence is what it is. You can use the data without the need for further contact when you follow the terms of the CC licence.

Thank you very much in advance and appreciate your interest.
And of course, wish you luck in future projects.
Again, good luck with your book.

Very respectfully,

Erkan Oral
Cheers, ospalh