Kanjiten: not so new Project

Leon Timog

Feb 19, 2023, 9:14:27 AM2/19/23
to KanjiVG
Hi there!

We've been using KanjiVG, Jean-Christophe Sirot's Kanji GIF, and Wiktionary for over a year now on our website for a Japanese-Filipino (Tagalog) Kanji Dictionary which we call Kanjiten.

We believe there's no Japanese-Filipino kanji dictionary in print or online so we just went and started one. Thanks for the great work you have put into KanjiVG, the project wouldn't have been possible without it.

Kanjiten can be found here: https://timog.net/c/kanji-dictionary/32. It's still in infancy, but we plan to add more entries as we go along.

Best regards,
Leon

Ben Bullock

Feb 22, 2023, 3:29:59 AM2/22/23
to KanjiVG
Thank you for letting us know. I've added your project, and also the kanji.gif project, to

Incidentally the KanjiVG project was mentioned on the following site, and got 168 upvotes:

Oddly, more than one commenter didn't notice there was a viewer on the web site. I'm not sure what we should do to make that more visible.

Leon Timog

Mar 1, 2023, 7:41:09 AM3/1/23
to KanjiVG
Thanks very much for adding our project!

Also incidentally, I just remembered something when I went through the kanji characters for the first time.
I thought the kanji for 町 was not quite right (田 and 丁 are on the same line when 丁 should be lower than 田)

I could be wrong though.

Best regards,
Leon

Ulrich Apel

Mar 1, 2023, 7:54:42 AM3/1/23
to kan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leon,

you are right, the right part could be a little bit lower.  This has to do with the font, we used a little bit as a model.  When we revise the data, we may fix this.

Best wishes

Ulrich

Leon Timog

Mar 5, 2023, 1:13:49 AM3/5/23