kanacard uses kanjivg

sjs

Nov 5, 2018, 11:31:38 AM11/5/18
to kan...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I just updated my Kana Card app on Google Play.  It shows anime of the
hiragana/katakana only at this point but I'm also working on a Kanji
Dictionary that will use the stroke info you guys provide.

The free version of the app is at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kana_tutor.KanaCard_free.

It is meant more as a reference than a learning tool and shows all the
standard hiragana and katakana with sounds and romaji as well as the
animation for drawing them.

If someone has time to look and make sure the licensing info (under
settings/Usage &  Licensing) is appropriate, I'd appreciate it.  Also
please add me to the list of applications using KanjiVG.  I think having
the stroke order animations is a great help in learning how to write the
Kanji and Hiragana.  Wish I'd had it back when... :)

Steve Smith

axel.m...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2018, 8:22:07 PM11/18/18
to KanjiVG
Nice app, thanks for making it! I'm still looking for stroke order diagrams for hiragana and katakana in the style that jisho.org uses for kanji. These diagrams have one pictogram for each stroke which is - in my opinion - way easier to follow and learn than all strokes in one diagram.
But until I find such diagrams for kana I'll uses your app for quick lookups in case I forget a stroke order.

flint

Nov 18, 2018, 11:37:22 PM11/18/18
to KanjiVG

axel.m...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2018, 9:00:37 AM11/19/18
to KanjiVG
Yes, exactly, Thank you flint! It's the exact same style that jisho.org uses. Do you know where to get the svgs for these kana? The svg files offered by jisho don't contain kana.