Individual strokes

Nick Art

Jan 20, 2018, 8:17:23 PM1/20/18
to KanjiVG
Hi, does KanjiVG have individual strokes stored as SVG files? If yes/not where or how do I find those individual strokes?
Really sorry for the stupid questions, I'm a complete newbie and could not find enough info about this on the website.

Ulrich Apel

Jan 21, 2018, 4:59:09 AM1/21/18
to kan...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the strokes are stored individually in the files. Every stroke is a path element and starts with "<path " followed by several attributes like id, stroke type and the actual path data as letters and numbers. An introduction to SVG, XML and perhaps namespaces, for example in Wikipedia, may help, to read the SVG source text.

Best wishes
Ulrich

> Am 21.01.2018 um 01:08 schrieb Nick Art <negr...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi, does KanjiVG have individual strokes stored as SVG files? If yes/not where or how do I find those individual strokes?
> Really sorry for the stupid questions, I'm a complete newbie and could not find enough info about this on the website.
>
> --

p s

Jan 21, 2018, 5:02:56 AM1/21/18
to kan...@googlegroups.com
One SVG contains all strokes for one kanji. You can open one SVG with a text editor and you will see the structure.

Paul

Am 21.01.2018 02:17 schrieb "Nick Art" <negr...@gmail.com>:
Hi, does KanjiVG have individual strokes stored as SVG files? If yes/not where or how do I find those individual strokes?
Really sorry for the stupid questions, I'm a complete newbie and could not find enough info about this on the website.

Nick Art

Jan 21, 2018, 4:52:22 PM1/21/18
to KanjiVG
Much obliged!